Destinations…

Eola Farmer's Market

Eola Farmer’s Market is great Sunday bike destination for the family. If you live anywhere in the downtown area, it’s easy to get to on lightly-traveled roads. It’s one of my favorite stops for casual Sunday riding. There’s the usual farmer’s market fare, my favorite jam lady (try the strawberry daiquiri with goat cheese, the blueberry almond with brie or the spicy mango-apple chutney),  food vendors, craft vendors, live music and the all-important Beer Garden (after noon).

OK. So that’s one of my favorites. What are yours?

It’s a bit of a ride from Orlando, but the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse, and the Ponce Inlet Jetty make for good destinations. Bicycles are permitted on the jetty, which is a boardwalk from the park to the ocean, then concrete over the jetty, to the end. Sometimes you’ll see a shark, dolphins, rays, occasionally a manatee, and plenty of fishermen and tourists. Park entry is free for cyclists too.

2. waco
    waco says:

Hi Keri, I’m with you. Yesterday I rode down to the new farmers market here in Dallas on Lovers Lane in the parking lot of Celebration restaurant. It is tiny, but it’s a start and a good reason for a ride.

I’ve also been exploring the area around my office, looking for convenient lunch spots to which I can ride. I am thinking about getting another bike to keep at the office so I can do short lunch trips even if I drive to work. FWIW, the LHT in that photo is giving me a serious case of bike envy!

3. Rodney
    Rodney says:

Look for Martin….he’s the guy that sells the absolute BEST olive oil in the world! I’ve been out for three months and haven’t made the trip to get more. ;-(

Nice easy ride from the house and back.

Of course there’s also the Winter Park Farmer’s Market (though the Orlando one is funkier and with more affordable produce).
    *****
    B3 (of course!)
    *****
    Whole Paycheck in Winter Park (aka Whole Foods)
    *****
    Clemons Produce (Curry Ford at Crystal Lake)
    *****
    (Why are these all food-related?…)

5. LisaB
    LisaB says:

Mighk, they’re all food related because we ride to eat!

Some of my favorite destinations include:

Town House restaurant, Oviedo — located at the end of the Cross Seminole trail in downtown Oviedo. Great breakfast spot.

Maitland Farmer’s Market at Lake Lily — Sundays from 9 am to 2 pm. Good selection of produce and plants.

If you’re up for an adventure, head out to the Yalaha Bakery near Howey-in-the-Hills. The German pastries are to die for. If you’re lucky, they’ll have some fresh-baked soft pretzels to enjoy on the way home.

I didn’t know about Clemons produce, I’ll have to check that out.

Ride to eat, eat to ride.

Hey Waco, Thanks! The Surly is a sweeeeeet ride 🙂

7. Rodney
    Rodney says:

CiCi’s Pizza(Pershing/Semoran). Have my fill at the buffet bar and then ride 40+ miles and burn it off! 😀

And to think I thought 20 miles was a doozy!

We’ve been going to Clemons as long as we’ve lived here. Cheaper, better, greener (less unnecessary packaging), more variety, and more local than the supermarkets.

9. Anne
    Anne says:

Oh my goodness, I am dying to go. Going by bike definitely sounds like the best way. I’d have to pass Colonial… which is a pain, but worth it.

Anne,

Tell me where you’re starting from. I’ll help you find a good route. I’ll even ride it with you, if you want.