From our friends at ReThink:
Downtown residents, visitors and commuters have more options thanks to a new carshare program beginning in Orlando this fall.
- CNL parking garage near Orlando City Hall (2 vehicles)
- Surface parking lot under I-4 at N. Hughey Ave. and W. Central Blvd. (2 vehicles)
- Creative Village (2 vehicles)
- Thornton Park (2 vehicles)
- Landmark Center (2 vehicles)
- Florida Hospital Orlando Campus (2 vehicles)
Carshare programs have been operational for many years in other major cities across the United States, including Boston, New York City, and Miami. The FDOT has partnered with the City of Orlando to launch the Central Florida carshare program to provide mobility options to transit riders and others in the urban core.
Plans for expanding the program beyond the City of Orlando depend upon the success of this program, as well as interest from other municipalities that have the employment and residential density to continue the program at no cost to the FDOT.