Have you’ve ever wanted to experience the UCF Bike Bus, but it never fits your work schedule or route?
Are you wondering what geocaching, the high-tech treasure hunt, is all about?
Do you want to meet other like-minded people that enjoy driving their bikes for fun and utility?
Well here is your chance!
Join Commute Orlando, Bike/Walk Central Florida and the UCF Bike Bus for a ride to UCF via the Bike Bus Route. Once at UCF, us on Sunday, May 22 for a ride to UCF lead by the UCF Bike Bus as we continue celebrating National Bike Month. We’ll follow our normal 11 mile route through the Cady Way Trail and University blvd, and you’ll be able to hop on the bus anywhere along the way depending on where you live or how far you want to ride.
Once we arrive at UCF, we will park and lock our bikes, then go geocaching in the UCF Arboretum. Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online. If you are not up for a ride that day, you can met us at UCF for geocaching. We’ll have worked up quite and appetite by then, so we’ll have lunch at a local eatery before riding the 11 miles back to the Cady Way trailhead or wherever you want to hop off the bus along the way.
Bike Bus Schedule
Below is the schedule of when the bike bus plans to arrive at major intersections, or you can follow us in real time via http://www.bikebustracker.com/. Please plan to arrive at your stop 10 minutes before our ETA and be ready to hop on the bus (see our FAQ for details).
- 8:00 am – Depart from Cady Way Trailhead near Fashion Square Mall
- 8:15 am – Cady Way Trail and Baldwin Park St
- 8:25 am – University Blvd and Semoran Blvd (Aloma Elementary)
- 8:32 am – University Blvd and Goldenrod
- 8:40 am – University Blvd and Econlockhatchee Trail
- 8:45 am – University Blvd and Dean Rd
- 8:50 am – Univeristy Blvd and Rouse Rd
- 8:55 am – University Blvd and Alafaya Trail
What to Bring
- Be sure you bring lots of water and a snack to hold you over until lunch.
- Helmets are highly recommended and required for those under 16.
- We’ll have a few GPS devices you can borrow, or you can download the geocaching app for your mobile device. Visit http://www.geocaching.com/ for more details.
If you want your own UCF Bike Bus shirt, Big Frog in Winter Park has the art work on file.
RSVP on the Facebook Event or by leaving a comment below.