Bike Handling Class 6/26
Handle your bike with precision and confidence.
We will be offering a 3 hour bike handling class on Saturday morning (6/26/10) from 8:30 – 11:30 in Downtown Orlando.
This is the first session in the CyclingSavvy course. It takes place in an empty parking lot. It consists of a set of progressive drills designed to increase students’ control and comfort handling their bikes in various situations.
- Start/Stop, Power Pedal & Balance Stop
- Snail Race, Slow-speed Balance
- Drag-race, Gears & Acceleration
- Ride Straight, One-handed
- Shoulder Check
- Object-avoidance Handling
- Turning: Slow-speed Tight Turns, High-speed cornering, Emergency Snap-turn
- Emergency Braking
Course fee: $30
Did you know?
63% of Florida adult cycling hospitalizations do NOT involve a motor vehicle. Many are crashes with fixed objects, pavement hazards, pedestrians, animals or other cyclists, and could be avoided with better bike-handling skills. This class will benefit anyone who rides a bike, whether they ride in the neighborhood, on our trails or on busy roads.