Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 09:38:06 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: REMINDER: If you want to join the forum, please email me after you register. IMPORTANT! If I do not receive an email from you, your registration will be deleted with the barrage of spammers. With several spammers per hour trying to get on our forum, I don't have time to determine who is legit.

+  Central Florida Commuter Forum
|-+  CommuteOrlando
| |-+  Cycling Gear
| | |-+  tires
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: tires  (Read 1391 times)
Jacklpe

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2011, 07:42:33 PM »

I just changed my mtn bike tires over to Panaracer 26x1.75 commuter tires.  I can't tell a lot of difference in the bottom end, but I can in the very top.  It is a little easier to keep a faster pace now.   Umm  also being a poor boy I bought a $26 dollar front and rear light set made by Bell (Lumina Platinum Series) at Wal Mart to get me by right now.  The materials used are fairly cheap but they perform REALLY well for the price.  I was nervous about buying Wal Mart stuff for my bike, but that item is pretty good in my opinion.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 07:46:48 PM by Jacklpe » Logged
caffrey
Keri
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 08:58:43 AM »

I've had good results from Panaracer RiBMo tires on my Surly. You definitely get less resistance than with knobbies... better traction on pavement, too.

"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace. The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things."
—Amelia Earhart
Jacklpe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 08:54:56 PM »

I am having a rough time keeping everything in adjustment.  A few more weeks of this I will be a regular bike mechanic...  I finally figured out how to get my brakes adjusted the way that they need to be (and not dragging). On the ride home tonight I really could feel the difference in the new tires. I feel a little better about my purchase now.
Jacklpe

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 07:17:42 PM »

The new tires do very well in rain too, as I found out tonight.  And, finally an awesome tailwind tonight.  Usually I ride west into the wind in the morning, and by the evening it is all seabreeze.  I rarely get a break.  It was great zooming up Goldenrod tonight...   a rare thing for me.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length